Chef Murthi’s Bengali Mutton Biryani
Bengaluru – 500068
Mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Over 19 years Rich Experience in different variation of Hospitality and art of culinary preparation with a vision to preserve the authentic cuisine in a traditional way as well as with a enhancement to meet the Modern Fusion requirement.
In continuation, we are interested to show Chef Murthi’s Bengali style Biryani preparation.
Please keep below Ingredients ready:
- Mutton: 750 Gm (around 15 pieces; Biryani cut); with extra 100g fat
- Whole-grain flavored Basmati Rice: 600g
- Potato : 5 nos
- Boiled Egg: 4 nos
- Onion: 3 Thinly Sliced
- Oil: 150 ml
- Red Chili Powder: 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Salt: The taste
- Ghee: 50 Gm
- Cinnamon: 4 “
- Green cardamom: 6 nos
- Clove: 6 nos
- Bay Leaf: 2 nos
- Star Anise: 1 no
- Garam masala -1 tsp
- Jeera powder -1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 2 Tbsp.
- Plain Curd: 150 gm
- Mint leaves -1 bunch
- Coriander leaves -1/2 bunch
Please follow below simple cooking steps:
Marinating the Mutton:
- Marinate mutton with ginger Garlic paste,Salt, chilli powder,turmaric powder, lemon juice keep it aside .
- Meanwhile, wash rice 2-3 times and kept aside with water.
Making Fried Potato & Egg:
- Peel and cut potatoes into half. If you are using medium-sized potatoes.
- Marinate potatoes with a mixture of turmeric and chili powder and Salt.
- Marinate the boiled egg with chili powder , turmeric powder salt
- Heat the Oil in a pan and fry the potato till outer layer get crisp
- Heat the same oil used for frying egg
Making Mutton cooked
- Temper the oil with 1″ Cinnamon, 2 Cloves, and green cardamom, bay leaf
- Add onion and make it golden brown and add ginger garlic paste cook well
- Add marinated mutton with the marinade and mix.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook over low flame for around 20 minutes or till the mutton is done 60%.
- You do not need to add water. Mutton will be cooked in own water.
- Once the cooking is done the pan will have cooked meat and the oily substance separated.
- Take 3 liters of water in a vessel add spices in the water
- Add salt to the boiling water and also the soaked rice.
- Cook till the rice is done ⅔.
- Switch the flame off and drain the water.
- Spread cooked rice over a plate.
- Take cooked mutton with Biryani gravy.
- Top it with ⅓ of the cooked rice.
- Cover the Handi with a lid and seal it
- Keep the flame on the lower side and place a Tawa over the heat.
- Place the Handi on the top of the Tawa and cook for around 15 minutes.
- The dough will be tough after 15 minutes and you can break it using your fingers.
- When the dough is crumbly, your Biryani is basically ready.
- Switch the flame off and do not open the seal for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes open the seal pour the ghee
- Using a spatula lightly mix the Biryani while serving but not before that.
Chef Murthi’s Bengali style Mutton Biryani is ready for eat. It is Tasty and yummy.
Please watch video for more clarity:
Please try this recipe at your Home and comment us your experience.
Good Day !!